I'm Shamu

I'm Shamu, the Big Cat of West Volusia. I'll give you the skinny on what's really going on. When I speak, everyone listens. Stop by, add your news and opinions.

My person, Patti, will sometimes share her thoughts. I have to put up with that in exchange for her typing services.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Right, an asphalt plant

Yeah, an asphalt plant on West State Road 44 is just what we need. Think of the things it will accomplish:

• Annoy all the neighbors with dust, noise and lights
• Bring big trucks right through DeLand coming and going from the plant
• Tear up said road, which is New York Avenue in town

Can't you just see it — the big Walmart trucks roaring through town, tearing up Woodland Boulevard. Asphalt plant trucks tearing up New York Avenue. Well, maybe they'll collide at the intersection.

DeLand seriously needs a truck route that's enforced.

Maybe the plant operators should look at Benson Junction Road, down in DeBary.

4 comments:

  1. I am a dog person but who doesn't have a soft spot for a smart ass cat with insight into local government. Glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, that's just what DeBary needs; another concrete plant! Why not stick it in Pierson?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks, guys. Glad ya stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't down by Lake Konomac there be a good spot for the concrete plant? Or, what about by the GEL landfill in Orange City?

    ReplyDelete